Essentials of Injection Molding
Understand the Injection Molding Process!
This online, self-paced, interactive eLearning course provides the foundational terminology and core concepts that help molders communicate and solve molding problems. In order to begin troubleshooting, participants will learn to “think like plastic” by examining the general nature and properties of plastics and the relationship of the 4 Plastic Variables to common defects.
Participants leave this course familiar with the major components of an injection molding machine and mold, general workplace safety precautions, what happens during the three phases in a DECOUPLED MOLDING® process, and the economic impact of cycle time variation, downtime, making rejects, and blocking cavities.
- Identify machine and mold components and their primary functions
- Classify properties and characteristics of thermoplastic materials
- Examine the four plastic variables:
– How they are influenced by primary machine settings during a
DECOUPLED MOLDING® II process
– Their relationship to common defects
- Recognize common safety hazards, symbols, and functions of safety mechanisms
- Outline the keys to profitable molding
Course Length: Average completion time is approximately 5 hours (can be done in segments at different times)
You have 12 months from the day you receive your confirmation letter to complete the course.
Bundle Option: This course can be bundled with the eLearning Math for Molders course at a discounted price.